Meet Dr. John A. Dean
Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon
Dr. Dean is a 1983 graduate of Texas A&M University College of Medicine. He completed his internship and residency in general surgery at Ochsner Medical Institution in New Orleans, LA. He trained in plastic and reconstructive Surgery, as well as hand surgery at East Virginia Graduate School of Medicine, Norfolk Virginia. He was the chief resident there in 1990.
Dr. Dean joined Associates in Plastic Surgery in 1997 and continues to enjoy the complete spectrum of plastic surgery including cosmetic and reconstructive breast surgery, procedures to improve body contour, and facial aesthetic surgery.
- Board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery 1990
- Board certified by the American Board of Surgery, 1993
- Member of the American Society of Plastic Surgery
- Member of the Southeastern Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- President Louisiana Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Assistant Clinical Professor of Plastic Surgery, Tulane University School of Medicine
- Clinical Assistant Professor of Surgery, LSU Health Sciences Center, Department of Surgery, New Orleans, LA
- Volunteer Surgeon Operation Smile
- Fellow of the American College of Surgeons, (F.A.C.S.)