Meet Dr. John A. Dean - Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon
Dr. Dean is a 1983 graduate of the Texas A&M University College of Medicine. He completed his internship and residency in general surgery at Ochsner Medical Institution in New Orleans, Louisiana. He trained in plastic and reconstructive surgery and hand surgery at Eastern Virginia Graduate School of Medicine, Norfolk, Virginia and was chief resident in 1990.
- Board Certified by the American Board of Surgery, 1990
- Board Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, 1993
- Current Vice President of the Louisiana Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Fellow of the American College of Surgeons (F.A.C.S.)
- Member of the Louisiana Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Member of the Southeastern Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons
- Assistant Clinical Professor of Plastic Surgery, Tulane University School of Medicine Instructing Plastic Surgery Residents
- Clinical Assistant Professor of Surgery, LSU Health Sciences Center, Department of Surgery, New Orleans, LA, Instructing Residents and Medical Students
- Volunteer Surgeon with Operation Smile International
- Participated in 14 Overseas Missions as both Plastic Surgeon and Surgical Team Leader
- Lectured in Six Different Continents on a Variety of Plastic Surgery Topics
- Authored Numerous Plastic Surgery Book Chapters and Scientific Article Publications
- Wrote Questions for the Canadian Board of Plastic Surgery Examination
I am in my 26th year of plastic surgery practice in Baton Rouge. Throughout my career I continue to offer the latest and most advanced techniques in both cosmetic and reconstructive surgery. I will never encourage unnecessary procedures or mislead patients toward trendy techniques. I do my best to be honest with everyone about both benefits and risk. By developing a personal rapport with my patients and listening to their needs, I strive to meet their expectations safely and with excellence.
Breast Augmentation: Amazing Surgeon & Team
Dr. Dean truly is an expert in his field. I had a breast reduction and from the consultation through all my post op appointments, I never once doubted their abilities. Him and his team were available anytime I needed and were more than happy to answer any questions or concerns I had. I’m about 3 months post op and the results are amazing.
Tummy Tuck: 37 Year Old Mother of 2
Dr. Dean came highly recommended to me by a couple of friends and I couldn’t be more happy I chose him. He and his staff were awesome on every level. Patient, kind, informative and his work is wonderful! I have a new found confidence thanks to Dr. Dean. The office, staff & surgery center were all top notch as well! If you are searching for a great doctor, with amazing results, he is your man!
Liposuction: I Had An Amazing Experience
Dr. Dean and his staff are top of the LINE!! I have recommended many friends and they are all happy. If I decided to have more work done, I would not hesitate to see Dr. Dean and his very caring staff again. I was nervous but they made me feel loved and took great care of me. I LOVE THESE FOLK. Sincerely, Sandra.
Body Lift: 28 Year Old Male: 479lbs > 215lbs
Dr. John Dean was great ever since the original consultation. He is honest, straight-forward and has sincere concern for his patients. His entire team is incredibly nice and helpful.
DIEP Flap Reconstruction: First Mastectomy Surgery
I was diagnosed with Stage 3A Breast Cancer on March 30, 2015. Dr. Dean and his staff were brought in as my reconstructive surgeon and it was a wonderful choice. He was there for my very first mastectomy surgery. He installed a tissue expander and preformed a breast reduction so I would not be lopsided while undergoing chemo and radiation. He and his staff are very compassionate and caring.